The Annapurna Circuit Trek around the world’s tenth highest mountain, cross the classic Throng La Pass (5,416m) from Manang to Muktinath.
This is truly an extraordinary part of Nepal. The trek takes you from 830m/2,723ft to 5,416m/17,769ft and back. While on this trek you will meet ten different ethnic groups and pass through four different climate zones. Your efforts will be rewarded with the completion of this fantastic trek around the entire Annapurna massif. This magical trek reaches its zenith at 5,416m/17,769ft and traverses all the way through agricultural villages to high mountain passes that resemble mountain peaks and also to the beginning of the Tibetan Plateau. This epic adventure begins from the town of Besisahar, and from there the next seven days will be spent walking through rice farms, forests and friendly villages belonging to the lower realms of the Annapurna Conservation Area. The peaks of Annapurna-I (8,091m/26,545ft) and Manaslu (8,187m/26,860ft) provide the backdrop for the initial stage of this journey passing the quaint villages of Chamje and Pisang. Manang (3,500m/11,482ft) marks the beginning of the next phase, where a day will have to be spent acclimatizing to higher altitudes. Time here, however, will be well spent observing Buddhist Monks praying at one of the many monasteries. Another option is exploring Gangapurna Lake and the impressive glacier beside it.
The trek will continue over the Throng La Pass (5,416m/17,769ft) from where you can marvel at the fabulous Mustang peak and the snow-clad bulk of Mt. Dhaulagiri (8,167m/26,795ft). Starting a descent you will have the chance to visit the Hindu pilgrimage site of Muktinath (3,800m/12,467ft) and wonder in amazement at the presence of 108 small waterfalls and mysterious natural gas fires. You will be fly from Jomsom to Pokhara and relax full day at Hotel in Pokhara. Next day you will have full day sightseeing in Pokhara Valley.
Day to Day Itinerary for Annapurna Circuit Trek
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu (1400m) Transfer to Hotel.
Day 2: Full Day Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing.
Day 3: Drive from Kathmandu to Bulbule
Day 4: Trek from Bulbule to Chamje
Day 5: Chamje – Bagarchhap
Day 6: Bagarchhap – Chame (2710m)
Day 7: Chame – Pisang(3240m)
Day 8: Pisang – Manang(3540m)
Day 9: Rest day at Manang for acclimatization
Day 10: Manang – Yak Kharka (4120m)
Day 11: Yak Kharka – Thorong Phedi (4,560m)
Day 12: Thorong Phedi – Muktinath(3,802m) via Thorong La(5,416m) pass
Day 13: Muktinath – Kagbeni
Day 14: Kagbeni – Jomsom(2,750m)
Day 15: Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara
Day 16: Pokhara Valley Sightseeing
Day 17: Fly back to Kathmandu
Day 18: Free day in Kathmandu
Day 19: Departure
- Airport pickup & drop
- Four-night Hotel (3 Star) in Kathmandu (B & B only)
- Two-night Hotel in Pokhara (B & B only)
- An experienced English-speaking trekking guide
- All food & accommodation during the trek.
- Four-wheel Jeep to Bulbule
- Airfare from Jomsom-Pokhara & Pokhara to Kathmandu.
- All ground transportation on Kathmandu & Pokhara Sightseeing
- All necessary trekking permits as well as government taxes and official expenses
- Wages, Food/Accommodation/Transportation for Guide/Porter
- Insurance for Guide/Porter
- Nepal entry visa fees
- Travel insurance
- International tickets to and from Nepal
- All personal expenses (Laundry, Donation, Shopping etc.)
- All alcoholic and non-alcoholic hot and cold drinks
- Tips for the guide, and porter
- Helicopter rescue if needed